Fromme Vorurteile
I don't feel this in any particularly strong fashion now, but I've certainly wanted to smash in his face on more than one occasion. I can remember strolling down the street after discovering their plans to travel south for Christmas. I had my fists clenched the entire time. If I had passed a single person on that walk, I believe I might have pounded their face to a bloody pulp. I don't wish him well. I don't wish her well either.
I don't wish her violence, though. The end I have in mind for her is a slow failing one. I want all of her plans to fail. I want her to continue going on through her life, believing oh so firmly that she's got it all figured out, only to fail completely at everything she does. I want to travel back to C. one day and find her still working at one of the shitty clothing outlets in the N. Mall. Still meeting with her pagan group and still bitching about those "naive christians" and how badly they're being oppressed by them.
All those lost souls incapable and undesiring of intellectual thought. I would love to burn a heap of their religious effects in effigy, setting it out for all of them to see. But after the laughing and the outrage was past, their faith would be stronger for the attack against it. That's the laughable part about religion. The more you attack it, the more they believe there's something supernatural to attack. So perhaps the real solution is to let them be and to continue laughing behind our collective hands at them. At least that way they'll never attain any kind of community respect and can continue dancing naked around bonfires twice a year. There's so much to uncover in the natural world that we don't need the issue clouded with goddesses and fairies.
I delight in my own ignorance.
I don't wish her violence, though. The end I have in mind for her is a slow failing one. I want all of her plans to fail. I want her to continue going on through her life, believing oh so firmly that she's got it all figured out, only to fail completely at everything she does. I want to travel back to C. one day and find her still working at one of the shitty clothing outlets in the N. Mall. Still meeting with her pagan group and still bitching about those "naive christians" and how badly they're being oppressed by them.
All those lost souls incapable and undesiring of intellectual thought. I would love to burn a heap of their religious effects in effigy, setting it out for all of them to see. But after the laughing and the outrage was past, their faith would be stronger for the attack against it. That's the laughable part about religion. The more you attack it, the more they believe there's something supernatural to attack. So perhaps the real solution is to let them be and to continue laughing behind our collective hands at them. At least that way they'll never attain any kind of community respect and can continue dancing naked around bonfires twice a year. There's so much to uncover in the natural world that we don't need the issue clouded with goddesses and fairies.
I delight in my own ignorance.
Labels: Relationships


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home