Lügen
How did you get to where you are now? Our history is the most important factor in determining the merits of our beliefs. As a result, the best question to ask is not "Why do you believe what you do?" but "How do you believe what you do?" That is to say, what life factors led you to this belief? Something about forest, trees and visibility applies here. Focus too much on the big cojone and you forget about the smaller cojones that actually got you where you are. Your father, your mother, your husband, your minister... how much of a role did these people have play in determining your beliefs? How much value do one's beliefs contain if they were not independently acquired?
Labels: Religion


7 Comments:
I know you probably don't care what I have to say, but I'll say it anyway.
I think the roles of mothers and fathers play a primary part in determining what a child believes or doesn't believe. Good values taught at home are critical in bringing up healthy and happy children.
Also, it is extremely easy to form the views and beliefs of children when they are being educated away from home 7-8 hours a day. Secular humanism is the belief system of most individuals today and we can contribute that to the bureaucratic government school system.
When parents fail to raise their children properly, or if the father is absent, most children grow up rebellious with a utter hatred for God, truth and morality.
Thankfully, I have chosen not to be a victim of by poor upbringing and I decided to take responsibility for my own life. I met a great man who became my husband and we have been on a journey together discovering the Truth on our own.
We are also extremely blessed to have a great teacher/pastor, named Bob Enyart who revealed much of the Truth to me.
Hardly.
Your opinions regarding the public school system are very far from established fact.
From reading your previous comments, I see a much different beginning for you than a supportive husband and a great pastor:
I see you, young and confused as many youth are. Your claim to past "homosexuality" is ridiculous. Likely you kissed or, at most, fooled around with a girl or two, but still retained your heterosexual orientation. Thus, your claim to being able to relate to the "gay" lifestyle is moot. You are weak-willed, and during your teenage years no doubt succummed to the peer pressure of your friends. It is this that likely contributed strongly to doing poorly in school, not the system itself. Then, like huge swathes of young girls do every year, you found a man and went nuts for him. He went through a crisis because he fucked up on the runway, and instead of coming to terms with it, he substituted a god. But not any god will do for this kind of shame. For this new religion to be able to work for him, you would have to agree. Dissenting voices are threatening and cannot be permitted. So he dragged you along. On that night, alone in your car, you had to choose between a life of believing what you wanted without him, or a life believing what he wanted you to with him. He manipulated you into your faith by threatening to take away the very thing that you, lacking the strength to function on your own, were unable to do without: Himself, and his love. Ironically, forcing that kind of ultimatum on someone is as far from love as one can get. Your moment of revelation was brought about by dirty, underhanded arm-twisting.
The rest is pure rationalization. Your husband forced the transformation on you every bit as cheaply and mendaciously as he goes about his arguments, and then you were provided with a means to maintain it through the publicity-obsessed Enyart. In for a penny, in for a pound, sweetheart. You can't question any one thing they say because then you'll have to question everything they say, which I imagine has inspired your approach to the bible. The cornerstone of your faith in these men is founded on a corrupt assumption, and the entire tower you've built on top of it will collapse if you move even one brick. Your opinions are laughable and your attempts to defend them are ridiculous.
You are weak and disguise your weakness through fundamentalism. You have not taken responsibility for your own life, you have shirked it so that others can make the decisions for you.
You are the fool. Shame on you.
Well, what can I say? You obviously know who I am and you have done a brilliant analyzation of my entire life.
If only someone would have pointed out all these facts sooner, my life wouldn’t be a complete train wreck right now. Thanks for the revelation!
Since my husband manipulated me into my faith, I have decided to divorce him and abandon all my beliefs in God. I will no longer disguise my weakness through fundamentalism, and next time I see Bob, I will spit in his face for putting out so much misinformation.
Also, because I am lacking the strength to function on my own, I am going to seek out the loving and tolerant homosexual community in hopes of finding my true self as a lesbian.
Thanks again for bringing this charade to my attention.
It's not surprising, given your history of not reading things carefully, that you think I've accused you of being a closet lesbian.
Read this carefully --> You couldn't be a lesbian if you tried. A lesbian would know herself and understand her choices far better than you do.
Holy Shit, dude...You rock!!
wow. i almost want to kill myself now after reading that.
Steve-O,
Thanks man, but I'm just drawing logical conclusions from the information I've acquired.
Jas,
Stay with us, brother.
Post a Comment
<< Home