Erfolg = Schuld
Every time I achieve something of even the slightest importance, I am reminded of how much more I could have done had I been better prepared or more efficient.
Today I will begin an attempt to document my successes and failures in the hopes that this will optimize my daily behaviour. The semi-public nature of this documentation should, I hope, give me a heightened sense of accountability for the things that I do, so that I can better act in the fashion I imagine I am capable of.
Here 'goes.
Task #1:Schedule a meeting with the Placement Co-ordinator in the Placement Office to arrange for a volunteer placement at the International School of Havana. Done.
Appointment set for Friday (tomorrow) at 1600hrs.
Task #2:Renew my health card. Seriously, man, it's been over a month since it expired. Done.
Hopefully I'll have no need of medical attention until my new health card arrives sometime in the next four weeks, since the government pends adding the stupid little concluding letters on the thing until everything's been processed. Yar.
Task #3:Visit the International Student Centre to acquire further information regarding Latin American international schools and any information they can give me about living and being placed there. Done.
Met briefly with the Educators Abroad Counsellor, and got the email of a designated contact who's been to Cuba, as well as some bursary/fundraising information.
Task #4:Borrow both necessary books from their respective libraries on campus to further inform my research. Done.
Found and borrowed Knowledge and Learning in the Andes: Ethnographic Perspectives, which will hopefully give me some insight into Latin American traditions of community music education. Also located two articles in the International Society of Music Educators journal concerning the importance of retaining cultural musics and traditions from the perspective of two Latin American music scholars.
Task #5:Continue and complete work on Translating Theory Into Practice assignment. Done.
Completed and submitted.
Today I will begin an attempt to document my successes and failures in the hopes that this will optimize my daily behaviour. The semi-public nature of this documentation should, I hope, give me a heightened sense of accountability for the things that I do, so that I can better act in the fashion I imagine I am capable of.
Here 'goes.
Task #1:
Appointment set for Friday (tomorrow) at 1600hrs.
Task #2:
Hopefully I'll have no need of medical attention until my new health card arrives sometime in the next four weeks, since the government pends adding the stupid little concluding letters on the thing until everything's been processed. Yar.
Task #3:
Met briefly with the Educators Abroad Counsellor, and got the email of a designated contact who's been to Cuba, as well as some bursary/fundraising information.
Task #4:
Found and borrowed Knowledge and Learning in the Andes: Ethnographic Perspectives, which will hopefully give me some insight into Latin American traditions of community music education. Also located two articles in the International Society of Music Educators journal concerning the importance of retaining cultural musics and traditions from the perspective of two Latin American music scholars.
Task #5:
Completed and submitted.


4 Comments:
Congratulations on finishing stuff. This is a good idea - publically committing to things certainly helps motivate one to get them done.
My thanks for the congratulations. I've just discovered today that my application for a month-long international teaching and research placement (in Querétaro Mexico, instead of Havana Cuba) has been approved and will be fully funded by my university. It pays to get this stuff done on time.
Belated congratulations! is a bit of an understatement given the time that has past :) However I keep popping in to see if there are any new entries....
Disappointed again. *deep sigh*
Indeed, a bit belated, but still appreciated! There will be new entries, not to worry, just in the middle of a rather busy time of year. Lots of anxiety and psychological issues that I plan on chatting about.
Post a Comment
<< Home